Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What We Love This Wednesday

In this week's installment, we share a glimpse into our new lives in New York. We moved back to NYC temporarily to launch TheStylisted here, and we're slowly reacquainting ourselves with the place we used to call home. Changing cities almost always elicits comparisons, and when you're a bit homesick like we are, those comparisons aren't always flattering. But, the last 24 hours have proven that there's a lot to love in our new/old city.
M.I.A took the stage

1. A warehouse party that starts at 10pm on a Tuesday: Last night we ventured into Bushwick for the very first time. Soho House hosted a launch party for Satellite Nights, and it was truly a good time. The space was incredible, the cocktails were free, and M.I.A. performed. The empanada truck waiting outside the venue at the end of the night was a serious bonus. Drawback: taking the L train home at an ungodly hour.

2. Running into some old favorites: Given that most of our friends from growing up and from college are in New York, you really never know who you'll bump into walking these mean streets. In the last 24 hours I've run into two good buddies from college that I hadn't seen in years. Another reason to always look your best (do as I say, not as I do). Did I mention TheStylisted can help with that?
My lunch date

3. The power lunch: Man this city has lunch down. My friend Alyssa and I had a lovely sit down udon lunch today in 45 minutes. I returned to work in the afternoon feeling full and refreshed.

And Midtown East does a Japanese lunch like no other. We went to Onya, but old favorites include Sakagura and Soba Totto. There's also Dainobu,  a Japanese market on 47th, if you need a quick and cheap fix. Today nothing but udon would do (it's my hangover food of choice - see "warehouse party that starts at 10pm on a Tuesday"). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment