Friday, April 4, 2014

Everyday Makeup Musts

Here at TheStylisted, we love helping women look their very best when it matters the most. I personally love getting dolled up and will allocate a lot of time for hair and makeup for special occasions. Every other day of the year is a completely different story. Most days I don’t have the time or the energy to go all out, but I do know that a little makeup can go a long way in how I look and feel. It is with this look good, feel good mantra in mind that I have perfected my morning routine. Give me just 4 minutes and I can go from I-hope-I-don’t-run-into-anyone-I-know to where-are-all-the-babes?

Before I get into what my 4 minutes look like, I’ll share what I found on celebrity everyday beauty routines. Some quick stats: Olivia Wilde, 10 minutes; Jessica Alba, 5 minutes; Katy Perry, 90 minutes!

An Everyday Von Teese
My favorite is Dita Von Teese’s routine – she’s mastered her hair and makeup and has some amazing tips. Here are the highlights from a great interview she did with XOJane (full interview here!).

Time: 20 minutes (includes hair and makeup)
Products Used: Miracle Skin Transformer, a touch of foundation or concealer where needed, a sweep of powder (favorite: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish), a touch of blush, a sweep of ivory eyeshadow, mascara on curled lashes, matte red lipstick
Advice: “I believe that the keys to maintaining glamour and not being late for things is to prioritize, focus, and practice…I advise every woman to learn and practice a chic, simple updo that you can do anytime, anyplace. I can do it without even looking in a mirror!”

OK, back to my routine...
Time: 4 minutes
Products Used: Concealer/foundation only where I need it (Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow by Benefit), bronzer (Hoola by Benefit) applied with an Eco Tools brush, eyebrow pencil (Instant Brow Pencil by Benefit), a little color on the cheeks (Nars blush or Nars matte multiple), mascara (Maybelline Volum'Express)
Advice: Your goal should be to look makeup-less to an untrained eye. I apply just enough mascara to make my lashes darker, without looking like there’s goop on them.

How long does it take you and what are your essentials? Discuss!

0 comments:

Post a Comment