Friday, May 30, 2014

Meet Our Intern!

We’re pleased to announce that our team is growing! (Insert automated applause and handclap emojis). Meet Amber Taylor, our marketing and communications intern who will be helping us with our blog, social media and a ton of other cool things :) 

At what age did you start wearing makeup?

I started wearing makeup in about 7th grade.

What was your first product?

Eye shadow, way too much eye shadow. I had every shade known to man and would put it on my entire eyelid. Thank God, I know better now.

What's your current favorite product?

I’m becoming more and more obsessed with lipstick. I tend to wear a lot of neutral and dark colors and stick to a black cat-eye for eye makeup. So, I enjoy brightening things up with vibrant accessories and now lipstick—especially in the summer.

Favorite brand?

Maybelline has provided me with some consistent, fuss-free products over the years. I love their foundation and mascara. I'm also obsessed with Revlon nail polish. It's never goopy and always shiny before a topcoat. My favorite fashion brand would have to be AllSaints. The styling of their garments is so unique, that I don’t feel bad about buying more black clothes.

Any quirky must-have products or beauty rituals?

Well, believe it or not, no one has touched my eyebrows for about 6 years. I used to get them waxed, but was never satisfied with them. So, I shape them with a razor stick and fill them in with brow pencil. 

What feature do you like to accentuate?

Definitely my cheeks—God bless my distant Native American genes.

How long does it take you to get ready?

It depends on where I’m going (and if my hair agrees with me that day). My friends tell me I’m “dressed up” even when I’m casual so when I’m actually trying to dress up, it takes about an hour. Otherwise, on a normal day, no more than 30 minutes.

Do you have a favorite look from a particular event?

Yes! The picture on the left is my favorite LBD for serious occasions. I don't have a good close-up of my face, but I had a heavy smokey eye and nude lip. The picture on the right is my favorite clean look. Simple face makeup with contouring and a few coats of mascara. I was having a great hair day in that photo. 



Which celebrity do you think has the best hair?

I’d give Halle Berry the best hair award. No one can rock a short haircut like she can.

Best makeup?

I hate to say, it but Kim Kardashian’s makeup is always flawless.

Best overall style?

Rihanna is my ultimate style crush. She can pull off anything and everything.

What fashion or beauty product would you buy this instant if money was no object?

The classic Chanel quilted flap bag in nude or a pop color like pale pink or cobalt blue.

Favorite city?

In the U.S., definitely Chicago. In the world, it’s a tie between Prague and London.

3pm snack of choice?


Welch’s Fruit snacks. Yes, I’m a child, but hey they’re fat-free and surprisingly filling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment