Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What We Love This Wednesday

Over the past decade, there's been a serious increase in consciousness— people are more health conscious, environmentally conscious and community conscious than ever before. That being said, there’s not only an interest in products that give back, there’s a demand. Even if it’s not your thing, you have to admit you feel a tad less guilty on a splurge investment when you find out it saves the environment, combats child labor or donates to a charity. Luckily for me, one of my latest investments was far from a splurge and hit the “consciousness” ball way out of the park.





As a sucker for aromatherapy, I often find myself wandering in aisles full of luxury soaps and body butters knowing full well that I should be content with my shelf full of Elizabeth Arden and Caudalie products at home. Nevertheless, an innocent sniff session usually ends with me in the checkout lane. However, this time, I didn’t feel an ounce of remorse! As I browsed through a sea of beautifully packaged and promising items, I stumbled upon a shower crème by Love and Toast. The irresistibly cute packaging drew me in, it passed the sniff test and the label read “paraben, phthalate and sulfate free.” I was sold for all of this at a very reasonable price. After a week of use, I realized that my skin had never felt softer in my life. I have very dry skin that beckons the daily use of body butter. However, Love and Toast lets me cheat a bit! As soon as I hop out of the shower, my skin is noticeably soft and glowing. Now that it’s warmer out, some days I skip the body butter all together. I feel completely and utterly spoiled. So spoiled that I decided to look online for more products. In my research of sorts, I discovered that 97% of the ingredients are naturally derived, there are no animal ingredients, never animal tested and the kicker…a portion of every sale goes to Girls Inc. Even better! So not only am I incredibly soft and sweet smelling, I’m helping empower young girls! Who knew I was being unconsciously conscious. I look forward to trying more Love and Toast products soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment