Wednesday, December 4, 2013

More Beauty Tips from Nail & Skin Expert Dr. Dana Stern


We promised that we would share more beauty secrets from dermatologist Dr. Dana Stern (remember the fantastic information she gave us in You Gellin’? ), and now we have her take on a few everyday beauty concerns!

Your skin is beautiful, what is your daily regimen?
Photo credit
           Thank you! I am a low-maintenance dermatologist.  Most of my patients are busy, hard-working New Yorkers with small bathrooms.  You really don’t need a million expensive “miracle” products.  I use a gentle cleanser—[pump-style containers have] always been my favorite and what I recommend to my patients.  The most important thing that you can do is use a good sunscreen or moisturizer with broad spectrum protection, SPF 30, and use it 365 days a year.  I don't care if it’s snowing in February!  I love Anthelios Tinted [Sunscreen], because it serves as a moisturizer/sunscreen and gives me a little color so that I don't have to wear much makeup.  Last tip, I’m a huge fan of glycolic peels! You can see your dermatologist for a professional strength peel a few times per year.  Avon Anew makes an amazing at-home version.  I like to use it before applying my makeup, gives an amazing (I slept 12 hours last night) glow!



At what age should women start using an under-eye cream and retinoids?
Photo credit
There is no hard and fast rule with this one.  Under eye aging is secondary to sun exposure and genetics and both of these factors will determine when you need to get started with preventative measures. 

Where do you stand in the great Essie vs. OPI debate?
Love them both.  Both companies make quality nail products and have 3-free polishes.

We have to ask, do you prefer square or rounded nails?
Love the squoval—nail file square and then round the edge slightly.



 
 




Dr. Dana Stern is an Assistant Clinical Professor at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She is in private practice in New York City.  Dr. Stern can answer all of your nail and skincare questions on Facebook and Twitter (@DrDanaStern)!


0 comments:

Post a Comment