Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Beauty Wishlist


Less than a week ‘til Santa comes shimmying down my chimney- and I’ve finally put together my Beauty Wishlist.  Weeks in the making, Santa. This took quite a few trips to Bloomingdales and hours of online procrastination.  You’re welcome.

1) Pigment, please.  Lately, I’ve been struggling to find a shadow that packs a punch when it comes to pigment (say that 10 times fast).  I can’t afford to spend 2 minutes layering subtle shadow until I see more than a hint of shimmer. After dipping my little finger into countless palettes- I found it! BY TERRY OMBRE BLACKSTAR (Blond Opal).  A little goes a long way here, and I’m smitten.  

2) More than mauve.  Anyone who knows me can attest that I'm not very daring when it comes to lip color, but I know I need to branch out from mauve (just saying the color ages me 40 years).  The LauraMercier Mini Lip Glacè Collection, Bold Brights is my attempt at taking baby steps towards color.  They’re small so I don’t feel terrible if one or two just don’t suit me, and the variety is most certainly there. 

3) NARS does nails. Ob-sessed with every single color.  Especially Manosque (deep smoky lavender).  There’s a polish for every season- and since Chicago manicure prices don’t seem to be dropping anytime soon- this is a must-have!

4) In my dreams.  16.5 ounces of La Mer Crèmede la Mer decadence (at $1900- ouch).  There isn’t a soul on this earth who would buy this for me.  Not even Santa.  But, it wouldn’t be a wishlist if there wasn’t something totally unattainable on it.  Can you imagine having this bad boy sit on your bathroom counter!?  You’ve made it.  Period.  Should we also talk about how it’s on back order?! Who are these women, and how do I get invited over for lunch?

5) Brows are the new botox.  I just took a blogging break to get my annual skin check (Julia 1, skin cancer 0), and I got so much more.  The dermatologist politely informed me that the time has come to consider botox.  It’s a dark day, folks.  Since I’m not ready to begin paralyzing my forehead muscles, my new plan is to create a diversion.  Zack Morris taught me that a diversion is usually the solution to any real problem.   If I groom and darken my brows with benefit gimme BROW, no one will notice my “dynamic” wrinkles (that’s what he called them).  Thoughts?

6)Clean & Clear got it under control.  I’m going to officially give up the pre-teen acne cleanser I’ve been using since the late 90’s and shift to something a bit more mature (I'm a botox candidate now.  It seems appropriate.).  As a Caudalie devotee, why stray?  Let’s sub the benzoyl peroxide for this luxurious Gentle Buffing Cream.

7) I like my hair like I like my Christmas trees: thick.  I’m a sucker for anything that promises my thin strands a brighter tomorrow.  Challenge Extended, Bb thickening conditioner.
Photos courtesy of Bloomingdales.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment