Thursday, September 12, 2013

An Interview with a Stylish ‘Stylisted Client


Check out an interview we did with Sophia Peters, who recently had her hair and makeup done by stylists from TheStylisted: 

What kind of event were  you preparing for? 
My friend and I were getting ready for a wedding in downtown Chicago. It was a traditional Indian wedding, so it felt like the right occasion to look extra fancy! 


Did you have a stylist come to do your makeup, hair, or both?
I had both my hair and makeup done, which when I set it up seemed like a lot, but ended up being awesome...It was like a day long, treat-myself experience.  We turned my boyfriend's dining room into a mini salon. I would definitely recommend doing both! 

Were there multiple people benefiting from the stylist's services? 
Yep! I booked the hair sylist for me and my friend…who was also going to the wedding with me and who was in the middle of a move to Paris and in need of some pampering! 

Who was your stylist? 
Elizabeth York for make-up and Jamie Lynn Sterle for hair. Both of them were awesome, did an amazing job, and real troopers to come all the way up to Rogers Park! 

What type of makeup or hairstyle did you choose?
I love just a natural look, so that [was] what I went for with hair and makeup. I went for smoky eyes and wavy hair. The wedding started at 3 PM (with the groom parading down the streets of Chicago on a white horse to tunes) and went through 2 AM...I needed something that would stay for all of that time, which both my hair and makeup did (and definitely would not have, had I done it myself). 

Why did you choose to have a stylist come to your house to help you prepare for your event, as opposed to going to a salon?
You know, there is so much going on the day of a big event, so many moving pieces with getting dressed, getting everything together; my boyfriend was in the wedding so he had to bring a bunch of things. It’s just really nice to remove one of those elements of complication and simplify things by bringing that appointment into your home, for a reasonable price!  

Can you describe the process of using TheStylisted, starting from booking your appointment? 
All-in-all, it was super easy. Logged on, booked some appointments, got the confirmation, and voila! Beauty at my door! It was really user-friendly... 

How did the process compare with going to a salon or makeup counter?
Much homier! You can rock out to your tunes, have a snack, have a bevvie, and not feel hassled or like you're in the middle of a huge store!

Thank you Sophia!


0 comments:

Post a Comment