Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What We Love This Wednesday


1.     Satisfying our cravings without the guilt: Epic Burger

When a male friend told me how delicious Epic Burger was, I stored the tip away and decided I’d check it out when I was in the mood to indulge.

When I showed up a week later, I realized there was no need to wait. Boasting “A More Mindful Burger,” Epic creates tasty patties made of all natural (humanely raised, no hormones, no antibiotic) beef, turkey and chicken. Whatever you get can be topped with nitrate-free bacon, fresh tomatoes and lettuce, premium Wisconsin cheese, and a cage free egg. You can even forgo their daily made wheat bun and opt for their bunless burger.

It will likely run you less than your Chipotle burrito bowl… and did I mention that most of the 6 Chicago locations are BYOB?


2.     A beautiful partnership: Bright Pink and Flywheel


A couple of weeks ago, Bright Pink - an organization that focuses on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in women – announced the launch of their national partnership with Flywheel. Together, the partners promote an active, healthy lifestyle. Flywheel will feature Bright Pink’s communication in their stores, sell merchandise benefiting the cause, and hold classes in which your $25 bike reservation serves as a donation.

You can find me and Julia sweating it out in the Gold Coast on Sunday, September 22 at 2pm! If you see two nut jobs looking like they are about to keel over, come say hello!





3.     Technology that makes us look good: StyleUp Daily
 
When I first heard about StyleUp Daily, I didn’t really see the point. You go to their website, enter your zip code, and they send you an email every night telling you what the weather will be like the next day so you can dress accordingly. Given that I check the weather on my iPhone in the morning like every other human I know, and sadly know exactly what’s in my limited wardrobe, another daily email from yet another startup seemed unnecessary… even if it is free.

But what can I say, I was wrong. Seeing a picture of the most weather appropriate outfit helps me get dressed faster. And as their recommendation engine gets to know me (you can love, like and dislike the outfits), I’m finding inspiration to try new things.

So what are you loving this Wednesday? Sharing is caring, people!



0 comments:

Post a Comment