Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Benefit of In-Home Beauty (straight from a pro)


 444259f46a06d77d5e668f7f8d59c2fa
We're happy to introduce Regina Sneor, a member of TheStylisted and a true makeup industry pro.  In her first blog post, Regina explains why you should skip the cosmetic counter makeover.  (We love hearing this kind of validation from an industry veteran!)

Hello all ‘Stylisted seekers!
My name is Regina Sneor and I’m here to introduce you to the world of in-home stylists, where the talent comes to you.
There are some great advantages to having a makeup artist and/or hairstylist come to you, rather than you going to them.  No more tackling traffic, finding parking, and crossing fingers that you’ll be able to make your appointment on time.   Your troubles have only just begun when you get to the appointment. You may find that the artist is running late, or has called in sick.  It’s also very possible that you don’t like what the artist has done because you didn’t see her work before you sat down.   In addition, when you get makeup applied at stores, you often need to purchase a few items, even though you may not need yet another lipstick.  I have worked retail for many years.   Some clients don’t realize that the artist must produce sales.  It’s not how good the artist is, it’s how much product they can sell for the store.  Their jobs are evaluated on their sales.
With TheStylisted you’ll be able to browse available stylists at your leisure, check out their profile, look at their gallery, and view prices!  Easy, right?
I’ve been in the makeup artistry business for a long time.  I am blessed to have worked with lots of amazing people in the industry, as well as clients.  During this time, I’ve learned the importance of communication between stylists and clients.  What I may think is a certain color, may not be the same as what my client perceives it to be.  What I may think is “red”, may not be what you think is “red”. This also goes for hairstylists.  You may want a free, loose up-do, but your stylist hears “up-do” and creates a tight, structured look. Working away from the counter allows for better communication.  I encourage you to take some time and think about your hair and makeup look, and then communicate with your hairstylist or makeup artist so we can get it right for you.
In the future, I will be contributing to TheStylisted blog, tackling other topics such as skincare, makeup, body care, and makeup-over-40.  Take a peek at my profile.  If you have any questions, let me know, leave comments.  I’ll roll up my sleeves and get right back to you.
I’m looking forward to meeting each and every one of you.  I want you to feel free to give feedback and share questions you may have, stories, ideas, and hopefully some words of wisdom!  Get your friends together, book a makeup artist or hairstylist, and have a beauty party.  You can get ready together for a night out or for a special event.  What girl wouldn’t like that?  Make it a party (even a party of one) and make it fun!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment